12/03/2009

Frozen but Thankful

Posted on
Yes, it's true... today was A COLD ONE! Everyone was complaining about it, but we still have to be thankful. Why? Well, my friend who lives in Illinois posted this picture on her facebook page. The caption read: "First snow hahaha. It stuck!"



Next week are finals and I must say this semester flew by! I'm going to miss a few of my classes, but hopefully I'll meet some new friends in my classes next semester. I'm not sure what I'm going to take yet... but I do know I'm super excited for studying abroad in Ireland this summer! I'm also excited for break. Skiing almost every morning sounds great to me! I'm also planning on taking a trip to Salt Lake City with my friend Ashley Battersby. She's going to take me to Park City (her home mountain)... very excited!

What else am I excited for? The Winter Dew Tour!!! The Dew Tour is a yearly event that takes place at three different resorts: Breckenridge, CO / Mount Snow, VT / Northstar-at-Tahoe, CA. I will be working at CMC's tent and also just hanging out. I have a few friends competing, so I'm super excited for them.

There's one little problem though...

Taken from www.allisports.com- "The Winter Dew Tour will feature men’s and women’s snowboarding in both slopestyle and superpipe, men’s freeskiing in both slopestyle and superpipe, and live concerts to keep the party going all night long. Whether it’s a fresh cut pipe or a technical Slopestyle course with endless features that gets you going, the stoke levels will be impossible to resist."

Can't spot it? All female skiing events have been eliminated from this year's tour...  Why? Beats me! But it's not okay. Being friends with so many pro female skiers, I know how hard they train. It was bad enough for them to get a $2,000 1st place check when the men were getting a $12,000 1st place check. Oh well, such is life.

0 comments to “Frozen but Thankful”

Post a Comment

 

 See What I See | Copyright © 2011