1/18/2012

Ullr - Pleased by Ullr Fest?

Posted on
I made another entry dedicated to someone special below this one. Don't forget to check it out!



This past weekend was Ullr Fest in Breckenridge, which is the wackiest festival here all year. Ullr is "the God of snow", so of course we have to throw him a festival to please him. Usually I'm not stoked on Ullr Fest because of all the crazy people dressed as Vikings running around. This year I wanted to go down and watch the opening Ullr parade because we need all the support for snow we can get, but of course my car battery decided to die.... Anyway, the festival is filled with bonfires, crazy floats, "Ullympians" flinging frying pans for prizes and much more.

*Photos courteous of Nathan Bilow at Westworld.com, view the rest of the photos here.




I think we may have please him because on Monday we got hit with a pretty good unexpected snowstorm. Breck and Keystone only faired with 5" because of the wind, but Vail got up to 10" in spots. I decided to ditch everyone (as the saying goes, 'There's no friend's on a powder day!') and made the drive to Vail yesterday... so glad I did!!! Apparently it was as windy as a hurricane in Breck all day, but it was a sunny, beautiful, calm day over in Vail with hardly any lift lines! I'm really learning the mountain well now... It's by far my favorite mountain period. Here are some pictures from my day.

 I dedicate my shred day to you Sarah!!!















On another note, school has started again for the semester! I'm taking Accounting II, Consumer Behavior (300 class), Avalanche Safety II (extremely excited for), and I still have to sign up for another... (Yikes and Oops!)

0 comments to “Ullr - Pleased by Ullr Fest?”

Post a Comment

 

 See What I See | Copyright © 2011