1/31/2011

Snow Sports Gallore!

Posted on
This past week was probably the busiest week for the snow sports industry, and it was all in Colorado! Earlier this week was The Denver Big Air which will be airing in my next entry (it's taking a while to put together). Later that week was X Games and the Snow Sports Trade Show in Denver to show off all of skiing and snowboarding's next year's gear.

This week was also the annual International Snow Sculpture Championships here in Breck. I missed the annual amatuer competition this year because it ended up being the same week as finals and Dew Tour, but here are some pictures that I took last night of the Pros!

(Sorry their not the best quality, they're from my iPhone. My camera is still dead from The Denver Big Air and I forgot to charge it!)



My favorite, which happens to be from a sculpture out of Franklin, WI. It's a Ullr face with Acorns for eyes, leaves for the face, and logs for mouth etc.



A swimming boy with his brother (shown in the 2nd picture from a different angle.)


My 2nd favorite, which happens to be Team Breck! Under water world.


Medusa. You can't see it here that well... but her hair is snakes.

Take a wild guess where these sculptures were from...




0 comments to “Snow Sports Gallore!”

Post a Comment

 

 See What I See | Copyright © 2011