1/07/2011

EpicMix

Posted on
This entry is long overdue, there just hasn't been a lot going on around here. Breckenridge is still pretty busy with holiday travelers, it even seems to be busier than last year. I've been riding a lot of superpipe lately. In fact, that's really all I do anymore, ha! I'm just really addicted to it! I'm hoping to do my first competition at the end of the season, very excited!


This year Vail Resorts introduced their season pass holders to EpicMix. Basically, EpicMix tracks your daily vertical feet, total vertical feet, and other fun facts. You can also see how many vertical feet your friends have made, when they "check-in" to a resort, and the all-time leader board for most points. This would have been awesome for me last year because I did a lot more actual riding than just hiking the pipe, and this year I also have been riding at Copper as much as I have Vail Resorts, so my vertical feet isn't that accurate. It also doesn't include A-Basin which I rode a lot during pre-season. You can check out my EpicMix profile by clicking here (I'm guestimating my actual vertical feet is about double what it shows since I ride Breck and Copper 50/50.) It also shows all the "pins" I've earned for different accomplishments. It's super awesome, I just wish it was for every resort in Colorado!

This coming week is also Ullr Fest, unfortunately my least favorite of Breckenridge's festivals. It seems to attract more drinking than usual and all the people dressed as vikings kind of freak me out. (Some people get reeeaalllyyy into it.) Luckily I don't live right along Main St. this year so it's going to be easier to avoid.

1 comments:

  • January 14, 2011 at 1:49 PM
    SnowDotCom says:

    24 pins is pretty solid. How many do you think you'll have by the end of the season?

    delete

Post a Comment

 

 See What I See | Copyright © 2011