1/20/2011

Backcountry and Big Air

Posted on
The last few days Breckenridge has gotten a few feet of snow, and I've really REALLY been enjoying the back country. My favorite spot for back country is... Well, I'd tell you where it is but then I'd have to kill you. I will say that it's convenient because it's near Breckenridge, so I've been cutting over in-bounds to ride one of Breck's lifts up instead of hiking up, ha! It's been absolutely amazing back there the last few days... So much snow and NO people! Today was beyond amazing because it was a bluebird day after a snowstorm. It just doesn't get any better than that. Here are a bunch of photos I took. (These are definitely photos you want to click on for a bigger view. The small view just doesn't do justice... but then again, neither do pictures.)













Next week Tuesday and Wednesday is the first ever Denver Big Air Competition. A massive ramp is being built in the heart of Denver for a professional ski and snowboard competition. Here's a computer animation of what it's going to look like:


Here are some recent photos that were taken during construction

Saturday through Monday I will be working on the ramp helping sculpt the snow etc. I'm very nervous and excited! On Tuesday is the Ski Competition and on Wednesday is the Snowboard Competition. Both are followed by music concerts. It should be awesome!

3 comments to “Backcountry and Big Air”

  • January 22, 2011 at 7:01 AM
    Anonymous says:

    Your photos are beautiful!

    delete
  • January 22, 2011 at 7:51 AM
    Anonymous says:

    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings, Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drip off like autumn leaves.
    ~John Muir

    delete
  • January 22, 2011 at 9:16 AM

    livin' the dream baby!

    delete

Post a Comment

 

 See What I See | Copyright © 2011