9/15/2010

Fires and Fall

Posted on
This post is definitely late, and I apologize for that. The beginning of the year is always kind of uneventful. Everyone is busy getting moved into their new places, figuring out their new classes, or getting back into the school mode. I'm finally settled into my new place and I really love all my roommates. I'm also starting to meet a lot of new people this year that migrated here from other campuses or are just new to the area or CMC. I miss some friends from last year, but I definitely have room for more!

I'm sure most of you have heard about the devastating wildfire in Boulder that destroyed a total of 169 homes. A few days ago a new one started in the city of Loveland, which is north of Boulder. As of yesterday it was 35 percent contained. I thought it was kind of odd we haven't seen any smoke here in Summit County, but sure enough the wind picked up today and blew it in right around 11am. It reminds me of last year when the California wildfire smoke blew in around this time and stayed for a good 4-5 days. I'm hoping it moves through fast this year, though.

I took a bike ride this morning and snapped some photos before the smoke rolled in. It's so crazy how fast the leaves turn yellow here, I swear everything was green last week.



The 4 lane road coming into Breckenridge is finally open and almost done. The new bike path next to it is pretty awesome, as well.




Snowmaking starts in a week at a few different resorts... I can't wait to get back on my skis!

1 comments:

  • September 19, 2010 at 3:12 PM
    Anonymous says:

    Nice pics! :)

    delete

Post a Comment

 

 See What I See | Copyright © 2011