1/14/2010

Movin' On

Posted on
This past week was really rough. I started my new medication for Fibro, but because it's such a strong med I have to start on really small doses, so it's not helping my pain much. It's also making me super nauseated. I laid flat on my stomach on my couch yesterday until about 4pm. I have been struggling to find a vehicle. I was going to buy an Acura MDX until me and my parents realized how much it would be to insure. Super bummed. I wanted to go out to Utah this weekend to cheer on my friends in the Dew Tour, but with no car it's not going to happen. I haven't been out riding in almost a week because of Fibro either, which is also a bummer because it's been so beautiful out.

Since I have been stuck inside a lot this past week, I decided to make a list of places I wished I could travel to. Traveling is a passion of mine, and when I don't have much transportation at all, it makes me want to get out that much more. I think it's crazy how some people can go their entire lives without leaving the country. TV just doesn't do it for me, I want to see it in person. I know I probably won't get to half of these places, but I can dream right? (These are in no specific order.)


Salar de Uyuni Salt Flats, Potosí, Bolivia
The salt flats usually look like white cracked dirt, but magical things happen after it rains.


Cappadocia, Turkey
A city made of rock.


Chichen Itza, Mexico
The Mayan ruins.


Christ the Redeemer, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
The largest art statue in the world, standing 130 feet tall.


The Colosseum, Rome, Italy
More than 2,000 years old, it accommodated 60,000 seated and 10,000 standing.


Trans-Labrador Highway, Labrador, Canada
If you think driving in the winter in Colorado is rough, think again.


Easter Island, South Pacific Ocean
For being one of the most isolated islands in the world, these guys make it feel pretty occupied.


The Great Wall of China, China
Built over 2,000 years ago by emperor Qin Shi Huangdi.


The Great Barrier Reef, Queensland, Australia
Composed of over 2,900 individual reefs and 900 islands over 133,000sq miles.


Bora Bora, Pacific Ocean
A French Polynesian island that has one public transportation bus that goes halfway around the island.


Machu Picchu, Peru
Believed to have been a retreat for Incan rulers, located between the Andean Mountain Range.


Schloss Neuschwanstein Castle, Bavarian Alps, Germany
Construction began in 1869 for King Ludwig II. It was still unfinished at the time of his death in 1886.


Petra, Jordan
Over 800 monuments carved by the Nabataean people over 2,000 years ago.


Off the coast of Phuket (Po-ket), Thailand
A slum village floating and attached to it's "anchor", located off the Island of Phuket.


Cliff Overhang, Forsand, Norway
Located near the Preikestolen Cliff, around 1,982ft above the city of Lysefjorden.



Great Pyramids of Giza, outskirts of Cairo, Egypt
The largest and most preserved of the 138 pyramids in Egypt.


Santorini, Greece
Located in the south of the Cycladic islands that looks over a caldera caused by a sunken Volcano.


Taj Mahal, Agra, India
A mausoleum built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his favorite wife, Mumtaz Mahal.


3 comments to “Movin' On”

  • January 25, 2010 at 1:11 PM
    Anonymous says:

    Thanks for the world tour, Ali! You've excited my travel bug!

    delete
  • August 14, 2010 at 5:38 AM
    Anonymous says:

    Hi! :) I wanna go to these places too, and I wish you could too! :)

    delete
  • October 13, 2010 at 1:43 AM
    Anonymous says:

    beautiful photography. well done. derek

    delete

Post a Comment

 

 See What I See | Copyright © 2011